Thursday, December 20, 2012

12/20/2012

I have skipped out on two posts, it was no my intention but I did. Still I have shone more disciplined for this then ever before. 

My writing has slowed which makes me wonder how in the world I can write so much during NaNoWriMo. It's not for the lack of material because I sure have enough to finish writing two of the work in progress. It must be from time commitments. 

I have more then enough to get started on the second book to Hi There, Boy. Now that I am thinking about it I will be switching that title to Hey There, Boy, instead. It seems to roll of the tongue a little better. 

Hey There, Boy  is on of my ideas that I started to write as a trilogy but then after I started to write based on my outline I realized I only touched on about a tenth of my outline that was currently a work in progress (about half way done outline) as I hit 40,000.  I realized that Nate who was a side character was going to play a more heartier role then what I set him out to play. Hitting on more day to day life. That's when I realized it was going to become a series.  

All this will probably be for my own benefit as I am not sure how marketable series are without tv shows involved. I see lots of trilogies and saga's but few and far from series that do not have a tv show before or after the books came out. If anyone knows of any please by all means let me know. I would love to read more recent ones. I know Sweet Valley High and the Baby Sitter's Club were popular when I was growing up. 

I think that perhaps really for me is not finding other things that I would like to do. Once I sit down I can usually focus on the writing for a short period of time. Some days I crank out 5,000 words easy upwards of 10,000 words. Other days I will lucky to clock 500 words. It kind of is a let down. 

Until next time, Happy Writing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment