Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Life Changes!



Going to say straight up this post not exactly about writing, it is about changes in my life, which of course can affect my writing. Just needed to get it out there to someone who is not family and might understand what’s going on a little better.

Here's the thing. I can write from anywhere right? Yep, it's right. 

However, all my life has been set in two towns. My hometown and the town I moved to when I moved in with my then boyfriend now husband (45-60 minutes away from said hometown.) We've been back and forth between two said towns for the last 7 years. I visited/lived in San Diego (all the way across the states I am from the Midwest) for a brief period of time right after high school  I probably would have moved if I didn't have some baggage back at home.

We do not live in most exciting of places so husband and I have wanted to move to the coast for the longest time. Him west, me east, however I will be happy wherever we end up as I think he will be too.

He has a current job and the commute currently is an hour one way. We’ve talked about moving closer but rent is more and well we have free babysitters right across the way from us. No to mention, he has been slowly starting to job hunt, he was not doing it to heavy because we were looking outside our area and I was still finishing college, currently done but hoping to go back once we get somewhere again. A few calls here and there for him but nothing panned out and they have all been where we were not looking at going.

Finally, a call from a location we were looking at and interview. He thinks it went well. He’ll hear something in a few weeks. It’s the holiday season and it makes me a little nervous. 

The more I think about it the more I know this is going to affect my writing. Good or bad, I have not decided. I know that my writing will be pushed aside and I am okay with that. It will not be the first time it will not be the last time. I know also know if it pans out I will be giving more chances to increase my writing circle, as it will be closer to a bigger city.

Has anyone else had a major move and how did it affect your writing? If anything comes of this interview, I’ll let you all know!

Until then Happy Writing!






No comments:

Post a Comment