Sunday, December 2, 2012

Deciding What to Finish

Let's just go with the fact that I didn't exactly finish the book the way I wanted. However that's what you can fix while editing, so for now we will say book 1 out of ?? is finished. 

When I first started this story for this year’s NaNoWriMo just by the semi outline, I knew it was going to be a long story. I would break it down to maybe three books. Not so bad, right? Then came the actually writing, I am just barely through a quarter of the written up outline. (The written up portion I have is only the first half of what I planned). Leaving me with a series, this is even better for me in my opinion. 

As with yesterday's post, I stated that some of my word count was from other stories. I actually finished a few WIPs. One that had been a WIP for years, it was even a 'Never going to finish' Folder.

With that being said I have no idea what to finish. I don't know if I want to start working on Book 2 of ?? or if I should continue to wade through my many many WIPs. Never really, know what is there, for me to want to work on. I also have two ideas for new stories, which may or may not ever be written. 

I will be the first to admit that I came up with way to many idea for stories. Some original and some are fan fiction ideas. Fan fiction was an outlet for me when I was younger. I was always worried about my own writing and so I felt more comfortable writing that. 

That's why it takes me so long to decide what to finish.

Until next time HAPPY WRITING !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment