Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 1st Beyond NaNoWriMo

It's December 1st. If you are a writer, whether be published or just having fun, there is a chance you have heard of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month).  It's a rather large world wide event!  If you've found this entry in this blog there's a good chance you already know what it is. If not I'll give a quick run down. 

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo for short) takes place in November and the goal is to write 50,000 words in the 30 days. Now some people will say oh 50,000 words isn't a novel. Well maybe not, but it's a great start to one. If you succeed that's great and if not well you still took a step and that's what really matters. 

I finished my 50k a little over half way through the month but I wasn't done with my story not by a long shot. Instead of stopping I kept writing. Of course, though I wrote in various other projects so not all of my words (100,015) should have counted but I did it anyways because well I was over the moon about it! 

I have been doing this for a couple years now. I have actually finished 3 novels from it. All three in various degrees of editing. I have a few unfinished manuscripts from it that will probably never go anywhere but it's okay because I wrote them. My problem is I lose motivation! 

December is what I and probably many others call catch up month. Catch up on everything you put aside in order to complete NaNoWriMo. That also means for me putting aside writing things that still need to be finished up. 

I vow not to do that this year. I vow that I will continue and not put it aside for the next few weeks! 


I hate long posts. I hope this blog will keep me writing! If not hound me, hound me, hound me people! Tell me to stop doing things like play with tumblr, or pinterest or even twitter, tell me to sit and write something! Until next time, HAPPY WRITING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment