Sunday, December 9, 2012

Balancing


Balancing!

I have found that balancing thing is hard for me. No, matter what I cannot seem to balance the mix of writing and social life. Heck writing and family life sometimes is hard to do. During the day, I have one of my kids in school so she is not around until the afternoon. It is my two younger ones who demand a lot of attention. I am constantly up and down from my kitchen table when I am writing.

My kitchen table is my writing tables because I can have my kids drawing next to me, eating, doing puzzles if I can convince them to do it there. I can usually see them unless they are in their room it is the perfect place for me to be. At the same time, I am in the middle of all traffic, which means my kids really won’t that extra moment for the drink or for me to change the channel.

Since during the day my attention is elsewhere from writing, when my husband gets home I use the time to write, write, and write or in some cases research. Then it is bedtime and my distraction is very high once again, which I would not mind but it seems like bedtime drags out. Then its computer time until sleep time. I have realized that my balance in the evenings is really lacking but I enjoy having the hours of limited interruption times.

Here’s my point I guess, it’s 10.34 at night and although I am actually sitting at the couch with my husband I am still on the computer typing. 

I would rather be in writing then out socializing. My characters are my friends. If someone gives me the chance to go out I would rather stay in. Parties I would rather skip then go to.  It is the ideas of balance that I do not enjoy.

My balance between housework and writing is a big problem also. My house tends to get worse before it gets better. I know I need to work on it yet at the same time it does not get done when I think about it, usually that day. 

Does anyone seem to have problems balancing?

I would love to hear other's problem with balancing or things that they have found that helped them with balancing.

Until next time. Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment